Friday, October 25, 2013

Back to Reality

The last two months have been monumentally hard for me. Right around the time my husband came out of his funk, I was heading into my own. I was depressed, but more than that I was angry. I was pissed off at the world – pissed off at humanity.
People I didn’t know just had to look at me wrong to set me off.  I ignored friends’ texts and even deactivated my Facebook account because I felt like everyone around me was suffocating me.
I decided to take some time off from being social and just focus on me and my family. I made a point to exercise about an hour a day and focus on my studies. It took a few weeks for me to start feeling somewhat better and nearly a month to start feeling like myself again.
In retrospect, it was probably more about stress than the people around me. I had just reached my limit and needed time to unplug. Now that I’ve completed my degree, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I’m ready to get back to reality – to join the world and be social again.

2 comments:

  1. thank you and looking for more posts. i enjoyed reading and learn something new right here. :) keep blogging!

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly enjoy reading your blog. It impressed me a lot. Very unique and interesting. You are really a good blogger. Keep it up. Thank you and more power.

    Sunny
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete